Thursday, January 29, 2015

Three Good Things 1.27&28.15



Walking to work in below-freezing weather is so frustrating.  Because I’m wearing office-appropriate garb, my legs are freezing but my core is sweating.  Maybe I need to find a good pair of snowpants to walk in.  They’re like a coat for your legs!

  1. I got to be part of unleashing a secret resident into one of our exhibits at work. I'd tell you more, but then I'd have to kill you and that's more effort than I care to invest in right now.
  2. Had a tasty dinner with good company at a local restaurant instead of running in the frigid wind on Tuesday, but did a kickboxing routine on Wednesday to make up for missing my run.
  3. The dinner that I made up inside my head turned out to be pretty danged tasty.
I don't have a recipe for the dinner, but I can give you the basics.  I peeled a couple of butternut squashes, cut them into bite-sized pieces and tossed with olive oil and a bunch of spices (cinnamon, garlic, cayenne, nutmeg, cloves, salt).  I roasted them until they were completely cooked.  Cooked and sliced a couple of Irish Bangers (though any sausage you like would work).  The next evening, I turned the production over to my partner.  The squash went back in the oven to reheat while he diced and sauteed some onion in coconut oil, tossed in a box of baby kale (plus a little water) and sauteed that with the onion.  Then the sliced sausage went in the pan to reheat.  We piled everything together on a plate and ate it like someone was going to take it away from us.  Well, I ate mine like that (because I had just finished kickboxing--Hiiiiiiiiya!).  He was much more civilized about it.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment